Updated by Aphex Product Team
This Aphex Subscription Terms of Service ("Agreement") is entered into by and between the Aphex entity set forth below ("Aphex") and the entity or person placing an order for or accessing any Services ("Customer" or "you"). If you are accessing or using the Services on behalf of your company, you represent that you are authorized to accept this Agreement on behalf of your company, and all references to "you" or "Customer" reference your company.
This Agreement incorporates;
This Agreement permits Customer to purchase subscriptions to online software-as-a-service products and other services from Aphex pursuant to any Aphex ordering documents, online registration, order descriptions or order confirmations referencing this Agreement ("Order Form(s)") and sets forth the basic terms and conditions under which those products and services will be delivered. This Agreement will govern Customer's initial purchase on the Effective Date as well as any future purchases made by Customer that reference this Agreement.
The "Effective Date" of this Agreement is the date which is the earlier of (a) Customer's initial access to any Service (as defined below) through any online provisioning, registration or order process or (b) the effective date of the first Order Form referencing this Agreement.
As used in this Agreement, "Aphex" means Aphex Consulting Ltd a company registered in England and Wales, company registration number 09681747 and register address of 82 Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, United Kingdom, SW6 2TF.
Modifications to this Agreement: From time to time, Aphex may modify this Agreement. Unless otherwise specified by Aphex, changes become effective for Customer upon renewal of Customer's current Subscription Term (as defined below) or entry into a new Order Form. Aphex will use reasonable efforts to notify Customer of the changes through communications via Customer's account, email or other means. Customer may be required to click to accept or otherwise agree to the modified Agreement before renewing a Subscription Term or entering into a new Order Form, and in any event continued use of the Services after the updated version of this Agreement goes into effect will constitute Customer's acceptance of such updated version. If Aphex specifies that changes to the Agreement will take effect prior to Customer's next renewal or order (such as for legal compliance or product change reasons) and Customer objects to such changes, Customer may terminate the applicable Subscription Term and receive as its sole remedy a refund of any fees Customer has pre-paid for use of the applicable Services for the terminated portion of the Subscription Term.
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ACCESSING OR USING ANY SERVICES, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND NOTICES CONTAINED OR REFERENCED IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY SERVICES. FOR CLARITY, EACH PARTY EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS LEGALLY BINDING UPON IT. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
- "Affiliate" means any entity under the control of Customer where "control" means ownership of or the right to control greater than 50% of the voting securities of such entity.
- "Aphex App" means any mobile application or desktop client software included in the applicable Service that is made available by Aphex.
- "AUP" means Aphex's Acceptable Use Policy, available here.
- "Contractor" means an independent contractor or consultant who is not a competitor of Aphex.
- "Customer Data" means data that is submitted to the Services by or on behalf of Customer, including: data submitted, uploaded or imported to the Services by Customer (including from Third Party Platforms).
- "Admin Console" means Aphex's Insight user interface for accessing and administering the Services that Customer may access via the web or the Aphex Apps.
- "Documentation" means the technical user documentation provided with the Services.
- "Feedback" means comments, questions, suggestions or other feedback relating to any Aphex product or service.
- “Guest User” means any person whom is not a Permitted User and is in receipt of a Shared Information.
- "Laws" means all applicable local, state, federal and international laws, regulations and conventions, including, without limitation, those related to data privacy and data transfer, international communications, and the exportation of technical or personal data.
- "People" (in the singular, "Person") means Customer's, end user customers, potential customers, and other users and visitors.
- "Permitted User" means an employee or Contractor of Customer or its Affiliate who is authorized to access the Service.
- "Services" means Aphex's proprietary software-as-a-service solution(s), including Aphex application programming interfaces (APIs) and Aphex Apps, as described in the applicable Order Form.
- “Shared Information” means any and all information for which the Customer or their Permitted User has generated a unique sharing link from within the Aphex Apps.
- "Taxes" means any sales, use, GST, value-added, withholding, or similar taxes or levies, whether domestic or foreign, other than taxes based on the income of Aphex.
- "Third-Party Platform" means any software, software-as-a-service, data sources or other products or services not provided by Aphex that are integrated with Services as described in the Documentation.
- Services Overview. Aphex's Services are a suite of software as a service applications. The Services are designed to enable Customers and their Permitted Users (see 2.3 below) to build and communicate construction plans, and to manage and understand the performance of those plans. Customer may import and export Customer Data between the Services and certain Third-Party Platforms through supported integrations. The Services also may include access to an API with permission to access permissioned data.
- Provision of Services. Each Service is provided on a subscription basis for a set term designated on the Order Form (each, a "Subscription Term"). Aphex may also offer Professional Services related to certain Services. Customer will purchase and Aphex will provide the specific Services and related Professional Services (if any) as specified in the applicable Order Form.
- Access to Services. Customer may access and use the Services solely for its own benefit and in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Documentation and any scope of use restrictions designated in the applicable Order Form (including without limitation the number of People tracked). Use of and access to the Services is permitted only by Permitted Users. If Customer is given API keys or passwords to access the Services on Aphex's systems, Customer will require that all Permitted Users keep API keys, user ID and password information strictly confidential and not share such information with any unauthorized person. User IDs are granted to individual, named persons and may not be shared. If Customer is accessing the Services using credentials provided by a third party (e.g., Google), then Customer will comply with all applicable terms and conditions of such third party regarding provisioning and use of such credentials. Customer will be responsible for any and all actions taken using Customer's accounts and passwords. If any Permitted User who has access to a user ID is no longer an employee (or Contractor, as set forth below) of Customer, then Customer can immediately disable such user ID and otherwise terminate such Permitted User's access to the Service. If a Customer or any Permitted User generates Shared Information, Customer will be aware that Shared Information is accessible to any party with the unique URL.
- Aphex Apps. To the extent Aphex provides Aphex Apps for use with the Services, subject to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Aphex grants to Customer a limited, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive license during any applicable Subscription Term to use the Aphex Apps, but only in connection with Customer's use of the Service and otherwise in accordance with the Documentation and this Agreement.
- Contractors and Affiliates. Customer may permit its Contractors and its Affiliates' employees and Contractors to serve as Permitted Users or Guest Users, provided Customer remains responsible for compliance by such individuals with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and any use of the Services by such individuals is for the sole benefit of Customer.
- General Restrictions. Customer will not (and will not permit any third party to): (a) rent, lease, provide access to or sublicense the Services to a third party; (b) use the Services to provide, or incorporate the Services into, any product or service provided to a third party; (c) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise seek to obtain the source code or non-public APIs to the Services, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law (and then only upon advance notice to Aphex); (d) copy or modify the Services or any Documentation, or create any derivative work from any of the foregoing; (e) remove or obscure any proprietary or other notices contained in the Services (including without limitation (i) the "Powered by Aphex" designation that may appear as part of the deployment of the Services on Customer Properties and (ii) notices on any reports or data printed from the Services); or (f) publicly disseminate information regarding the performance of the Services.
- Aphex APIs. If Aphex makes access to any APIs available as part of the Services, Aphex reserves the right to place limits on access to such APIs (e.g., limits on numbers of calls or requests). Further, Aphex may monitor Customer's usage of such APIs and limit the number of calls or requests Customer may make if Aphex believes that Customer's usage is in breach of this Agreement or may negatively affect the Services (or otherwise impose liability on Aphex).
- Trial and Free Subscriptions. If Customer receives free access (for example via the Starter Plan) or a trial or evaluation subscription to the Service (a "Trial Subscription"), then Customer may use the Services in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement for a period of seven (7) days or such other period granted by Aphex (the "Trial Period"). Trial Subscriptions are permitted solely for Customer's use to determine whether to purchase a paid subscription to the Services. Trial Subscriptions may not include all functionality and features accessible as part of a paid Subscription Term. If Customer does not enter into a paid Subscription Term, this Agreement and Customer's right to access and use the Services will terminate at the end of the Trial Period. Aphex has the right to terminate a Trial Subscription at any time for any reason.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, APHEX WILL HAVE NO WARRANTY, INDEMNITY, SUPPORT, OR OTHER OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO FREE OR TRIAL SUBSCRIPTIONS.
- Rights in Customer Data. Customer will retain its right and interest (including any and all intellectual property rights) in and to the Customer Data as provided to Aphex. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Customer hereby grants to Aphex a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right to use, copy, store, transmit, modify, create derivative works of and display the Customer Data solely to the extent necessary to provide the Services to Customer.
- Storage of Customer Data. Aphex does not provide an archiving service. Aphex agrees only that it will not intentionally delete any Customer Data from any Service prior to termination of Customer's applicable Subscription Term. Aphex expressly disclaims all other obligations with respect to storage.
- Customer Obligations. Customer is solely responsible for the accuracy, content and legality of all Customer Data. Customer represents and warrants to Aphex that Customer has all necessary rights, consents and permissions to collect, share and use all Customer Data as contemplated in this Agreement (including granting Aphex the rights in Section above (Rights in Customer Data)) and that no Customer Data will violate or infringe (i) any third party intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights, (ii) any Laws, or (iii) any terms of service, privacy policies or other agreements governing the Customer Properties or Customer's accounts with any Third-Party Platforms. Customer further represents and warrants that all Customer Data complies with the AUP. Customer will be fully responsible for any Customer Data submitted to the Services by any Person as if it was submitted by Customer.
- Indemnification by Customer. Customer will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Aphex from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with any claim arising from or relating to any Customer Data or breach or alleged breach by Customer of Section above (Customer Obligations). This indemnification obligation is subject to Customer receiving (i) prompt written notice of such claim (but in any event notice in sufficient time for Customer to respond without prejudice); (ii) the exclusive right to control and direct the investigation, defence, or settlement of such claim; and (iii) all necessary cooperation of Aphex at Customer's expense. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, (a) Aphex may participate in the defence of any claim by counsel of its own choosing, at its cost and expense and (b) Customer will not settle any claim without Aphex's prior written consent, unless the settlement fully and unconditionally releases Aphex and does not require Aphex to pay any amount, take any action, or admit any liability.
- Aggregated Anonymous Data. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Customer agrees that Aphex may generate and aggregate technical and other data about Customer's use of the Services that is non-personally identifiable with respect to Customer ("Aggregated Anonymous Data"), and Aphex may use the Aggregated Anonymous Data to analyse, improve, support and operate the Services and otherwise for any business purpose during and after the term of this Agreement, including without limitation to generate industry benchmark or best practice guidance, recommendations or similar reports for distribution to and consumption by Customer and other Aphex customers. For clarity, this Section does not give Aphex the right to identify Customer as the source of any Aggregated Anonymous Data.
Aphex agrees to use commercially reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of any Service or Customer Data. However, Aphex will have no responsibility for errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other causes beyond Aphex's control.
The Services may support integrations with certain Third-Party Platforms. In order for the Services to communicate with such Third-Party Platforms, Customer may be required to input credentials in order for the Services to access and receive relevant information from such Third-Party Platforms. By enabling use of the Services with any Third-Party Platform, Customer authorizes Aphex to access Customer's accounts with such Third-Party Platform for the purposes described in this Agreement. Customer is solely responsible for complying with any relevant terms and conditions of the Third-Party Platforms and maintaining appropriate accounts in good standing with the providers of the Third-Party Platforms. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Aphex has no responsibility or liability for any Third-Party Platform or any Customer Data exported to a Third-Party Platform. Aphex does not guarantee that the Services will maintain integrations with any Third-Party Platform and Aphex may disable integrations of the Services with any Third-Party Platform at any time with or without notice to Customer. For clarity, this Agreement governs Customer's use of and access to the Services, even if accessed through an integration with a Third-Party Platform.
- Aphex Technology. This is a subscription agreement for access to and use of the Services. Customer acknowledges that it is obtaining only a limited right to the Services and that irrespective of any use of the words "purchase", "sale" or like terms in this Agreement no ownership rights are being conveyed to Customer under this Agreement. Customer agrees that Aphex or its suppliers retain all right, title and interest (including all patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property rights) in and to the Services and all Documentation, professional services deliverables and any and all related and underlying technology and documentation and any derivative works, modifications or improvements of any of the foregoing, including as may incorporate Feedback (collectively, "Aphex Technology"). Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, no rights in any Aphex Technology are granted to Customer. Further, Customer acknowledges that the Services are offered as an on-line, hosted solution, and that Customer has no right to obtain a copy of any of the Services, except for the Aphex Apps in the format provided by Aphex.
- Feedback. Customer, from time to time, may submit Feedback to Aphex. Aphex may freely use or exploit Feedback in connection with any of its products or services.
Subscription Term, Fees & Payment
- Subscription Term and Renewals. Unless otherwise specified on the applicable Order Form, each Subscription Term will automatically renew for additional twelve month periods unless either party gives the other written notice of termination at least thirty (30) days prior to expiration of the then-current Subscription Term.
- Fees and Payment. All fees are as set forth in the applicable Order Form and will be paid by Customer within thirty (30) days of invoice, unless (a) Customer is paying via Credit Card (as defined below) or (b) otherwise specified in the applicable Order Form. Except as expressly set forth in Section below (Limited Warranty), all fees are non-refundable. The rates in the Order Form are valid for the initial twelve (12) month period of each Subscription Term and thereafter may be subject to change. Customer is responsible for paying all Taxes, and all Taxes are excluded from any fees set forth in the applicable Order Form.
- Payment Via Credit Card. If you are purchasing the Services via credit card, debit card or other payment card ("Credit Card"), the following terms apply:
- Recurring Billing Authorization. By providing Credit Card information and agreeing to purchase any Services, Customer hereby authorizes Aphex (or its designee) to automatically charge Customer's Credit Card during the Subscription Term for all fees accrued as of that date (if any) in accordance with the applicable Order Form. Customer acknowledges and agrees that the amount billed and charged each month may vary depending on Customer's use of the Services and may include subscription fees for the remainder of Customer's applicable billing period and overage fees for the prior month.
- Foreign Transaction Fees. Customer acknowledges that for certain Credit Cards, the issuer of Customer's Credit Card may charge a foreign transaction fee or other charges.
- Invalid Payment. If a payment is not successfully settled due to expiration of a Credit Card, insufficient funds, or otherwise, Customer remains responsible for any amounts not remitted to Aphex and Aphex may, in its sole discretion, either (i) invoice Customer directly for the deficient amount, (ii) continue billing the Credit Card once it has been updated by Customer (if applicable) or (iii) terminate this Agreement.
- Changing Credit Card Information. At any time, Customer may change its Credit Card information by entering updated Credit Card information via the "Settings" page on the Admin Console or by contacting Aphex.
- Suspension of Service. If Customer's account is thirty (30) days or more overdue, in addition to any of its other rights or remedies (including but not limited to any termination rights set forth herein), Aphex reserves the right to suspend Customer's access to the applicable Service (and any related services) without liability to Customer until such amounts are paid in full. Aphex also reserves the right to suspend Customer's access to the Services without liability to Customer if Customer's use of the Services is in violation of the AUP.
Term and Termination
- Term. This Agreement is effective as of the Effective Date and expires on the date of expiration or termination of all Subscription Terms.
- Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement (including all related Order Forms) if the other party (a) fails to cure any material breach of this Agreement (including a failure to pay fees) within thirty (30) days after written notice; (b) ceases operation without a successor; or (c) seeks protection under any bankruptcy, receivership, trust deed, creditors' arrangement, composition, or comparable proceeding, or if any such proceeding is instituted against that party (and not dismissed within sixty (60) days thereafter).
- Effect of Termination. Upon any expiration or termination of this Agreement, Customer will immediately cease any and all use of and access to all Services (including any and all related Aphex Technology) and delete (or, at Aphex's request, return) any and all copies of the Documentation, any Aphex passwords or access codes and any other Aphex Confidential Information in its possession. Provided this Agreement was not terminated for Customer's breach, Customer may retain and use internally copies of all reports exported from any Service prior to termination. Customer acknowledges that following termination it will have no further access to any Customer Data input into any Service, and that Aphex may delete any such data as may have been stored by Aphex at any time. Except where an exclusive remedy is specified, the exercise of either party of any remedy under this Agreement, including termination, will be without prejudice to any other remedies it may have under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
- Survival. The following Sections will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement: (General Restrictions), (Trial Subscriptions), (Storage of Customer Data), (Indemnification by Customer), (Aggregated Anonymous Data), (Ownership), (Fees and Payment), (Term and Termination), (Warranty Disclaimer), (Limitation of Remedies and Damages), (Confidential Information) and (General Terms).
- Limited Warranty. Aphex warrants, for Customer's benefit only, that each Service will operate in substantial conformity with the applicable Documentation. Aphex's sole liability (and Customer's sole and exclusive remedy) for any breach of this warranty will be, at no charge to Customer, for Aphex to use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the reported non-conformity, or if Aphex determines such remedy to be impracticable, either party may terminate the applicable Subscription Term and Customer will receive as its sole remedy a refund of any fees Customer has pre-paid for use of such Service for the terminated portion of the applicable Subscription Term. The limited warranty set forth in this Section 9.1 will not apply: (i) unless Customer makes a claim within thirty (30) days of the date on which Customer first noticed the non-conformity, (ii) if the error was caused by misuse, unauthorized modifications or third-party hardware, software or services, or (iii) to use provided on a no-charge, trial or evaluation basis.
- Warranty Disclaimer. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY IN SECTION ABOVE, ALL SERVICES AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". NEITHER APHEX NOR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKES ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Aphex does not warrant that Customer's use of THE Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor does Aphex warrant that it will review the Customer Data for accuracy or that it will preserve or maintain the Customer Data without loss or corruption. APHEX SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE RESULTS OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS SENT OR ANY COMMUNICATIONS THAT WERE FAILED TO BE SENT USING THE SERVICES. APHEX SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, SERVICE FAILURES OR OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS OR OTHER SYSTEMS OUTSIDE THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF APHEX. CUSTOMER MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS, BUT THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE SHORTEST PERIOD PERMITTED BY LAW.
Availability and Service Level
The Services are available subject to Aphex's Service Level Agreement. ("SLA").
During the Subscription Term of each Service, Aphex will provide end user support in accordance with Aphex's Support Policy ("Support Policy").
Aphex will provide the professional consulting services ("Professional Services") purchased in the applicable Order Form. The scope of Professional Services will be as set forth in a Statement of Work referencing this Agreement and executed by both parties describing the work to be performed, fees and any applicable milestones, dependencies and other technical specifications or related information ("SOW"). Unless Professional Services are provided on a fixed-fee basis, Customer will pay Aphex at the per-hour rates set forth in the Order Form (or, if not specified, at Aphex's then-standard rates) for any excess services. Customer will reimburse Aphex for reasonable travel and lodging expenses as incurred. Customer may use anything delivered as part of the Professional Services in support of authorized use of the Services and subject to the terms regarding Customer's rights to use the Service set forth in Section (Aphex Services) and the applicable SOW, but Aphex will retain all right, title and interest in and to any such work product, code or deliverables and any derivative, enhancement or modification thereof created by Aphex (or its agents).
Limitation of Remedies and Damages
- Consequential Damages Waiver. EXCEPT FOR EXCLUDED CLAIMS (DEFINED BELOW), NEITHER PARTY (NOR ITS SUPPLIERS) SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS, FAILURE OF SECURITY MECHANISMS, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE.
- Liability Cap. APHEX'S AND ITS SUPPLIERS' ENTIRE LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CUSTOMER TO APHEX DURING THE PRIOR TWELVE (12) MONTHS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Excluded Claims. "Excluded Claims" means any claim arising (a) from Customer's breach of Section (General Restrictions); (b) under Section (Customer Obligations) or 3.4 (Indemnification by Customer); or (c) from a party's breach of its obligations in Section (Confidential Information) (but excluding claims arising from operation or non-operation of any Service).
- Nature of Claims and Failure of Essential Purpose. The parties agree that the waivers and limitations specified in this Section apply regardless of the form of action, whether in contact, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise and will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in this Agreement is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Each party (as "Receiving Party") agrees that all code, inventions, know-how, business, technical and financial information it obtains from the disclosing party ("Disclosing Party") constitute the confidential property of the Disclosing Party ("Confidential Information"), provided that it is identified as confidential at the time of disclosure or should be reasonably known by the Receiving Party to be confidential or proprietary due to the nature of the information disclosed and the circumstances surrounding the disclosure. Any Aphex Technology, performance information relating to any Service, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement will be deemed Confidential Information of Aphex without any marking or further designation. Except as expressly authorized herein, the Receiving Party will (1) hold in confidence and not disclose any Confidential Information to third parties and (2) not use Confidential Information for any purpose other than fulfilling its obligations and exercising its rights under this Agreement. The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information to its employees, agents, contractors and other representatives having a legitimate need to know (including, for Aphex, the subcontractors referenced in Section (Subcontractors)), provided that such representatives are bound to confidentiality obligations no less protective of the Disclosing Party than this Section and that the Receiving Party remains responsible for compliance by any such representative with the terms of this Section. The Receiving Party's confidentiality obligations will not apply to information that the Receiving Party can document: (i) was rightfully in its possession or known to it prior to receipt of the Confidential Information; (ii) is or has become public knowledge through no fault of the Receiving Party; (iii) is rightfully obtained by the Receiving Party from a third party without breach of any confidentiality obligation; or (iv) is independently developed by employees of the Receiving Party who had no access to such information. The Receiving Party may make disclosures to the extent required by law or court order, provided the Receiving Party notifies the Disclosing Party in advance and cooperates in any effort to obtain confidential treatment. The Receiving Party acknowledges that disclosure of Confidential Information would cause substantial harm for which damages alone would not be a sufficient remedy, and therefore that upon any such disclosure by the Receiving Party the Disclosing Party will be entitled to seek appropriate equitable relief in addition to whatever other remedies it might have at law.
- Assignment. This Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of each party's permitted successors and assigns. Neither party may assign this Agreement without the advance written consent of the other party, except that either party may assign this Agreement in connection with a merger, reorganisation, acquisition or other transfer of all or substantially all of such party's assets or voting securities. Any attempt to transfer or assign this Agreement except as expressly authorized under this Section will be null and void.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement will be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in effect.
- Governing Law; Dispute Resolution.
- Direct Dispute Resolution. This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales. The Parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- Injunctive Relief. Notwithstanding the above provisions, Aphex may apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
- Notice. Any notice or communication required or permitted under this Agreement will be in writing to the parties at the addresses set forth on the Order Form or at such other address as may be given in writing by either party to the other in accordance with this Section and will be deemed to have been received by the addressee (i) if given by hand, immediately upon receipt; (ii) if given by overnight courier service, the first business day following dispatch or (iii) if given by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, the second business day after such notice is deposited in the mail.
- Amendments; Waivers. Except as otherwise provided herein, no supplement, modification, or amendment of this Agreement will be binding, unless executed in writing by a duly authorized representative of each party to this Agreement. No waiver will be implied from conduct or failure to enforce or exercise rights under this Agreement, nor will any waiver be effective unless in a writing signed by a duly authorized representative on behalf of the party claimed to have waived. No provision of any purchase order or other business form employed by Customer will supersede the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and any such document relating to this Agreement will be for administrative purposes only and will have no legal effect.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements and communications relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. Customer acknowledges that the Services are on-line, subscription-based products, and that in order to provide improved customer experience Aphex may make changes to the Services, and Aphex will update the applicable Documentation accordingly. The support and service level availability terms described in the Support Policy and the SLA may be updated from time to time upon reasonable notice to Customer to reflect process improvements or changing practices (but the modifications will not materially decrease Aphex's obligations as compared to those reflected in such terms as of the Effective Date).
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable to the other for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement (except for a failure to pay fees) if the delay or failure is due to unforeseen events that occur after the signing of this Agreement and that are beyond the reasonable control of such party, such as a strike, blockade, war, act of terrorism, riot, natural disaster, failure or diminishment of power or telecommunications or data networks or services, or refusal of a license by a government agency.
- Subcontractors. Aphex may use the services of subcontractors and permit them to exercise the rights granted to Aphex in order to provide the Services under this Agreement, provided that Aphex remains responsible for (i) compliance of any such subcontractor with the terms of this Agreement and (ii) for the overall performance of the Services as required under this Agreement.
- Subpoenas. Nothing in this Agreement prevents Aphex from disclosing Customer Data to the extent required by law, subpoenas, or court orders, but Aphex will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Customer where permitted to do so.
- Independent Contractors. The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors. There is no relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise or agency created hereby between the parties. Neither party will have the power to bind the other or incur obligations on the other party's behalf without the other party's prior written consent.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which will be deemed an original and all of which together will be considered one and the same agreement.